Bracket Madness 2018 Official Rules
1. Contest is open to person’s 18 years of age or older and must be a legal resident of the United States of America. Persons who previously won a prize valued at over $600 from KVOK/KRXX within the last 24 months are ineligible to win. Employees of participating businesses may enter but only at other participating businesses.
2. No purchase necessary to enter. The number of correct entries received will determine odds of winning. Winner will be drawn from eligible entries for the Grand Prizes.
3. Contest Part #1: On March 13, 2018 between 5pm and 7pm KVOK/HOT 101.1 staff will host a party at Henry’s Great Alaskan Restaurant. Participants may enter into a bracket drawing once during that time. At 6pm staff will begin drawing names from all of the entries. Each person whose name is drawn may pick a team in this year’s NCAA Men’s Division 1 Tournament, and if their team wins the tournament they will win $1,000. Drawing is random and there will only be one person matched up with each team. Contest Part #2: Entry boxes will be placed at participating businesses. One entry per day per person, no purchase necessary. Winners will be drawn on April 2nd at our final event to be held at Henry’s Great Alaskan Restaurant during the national championship game approximately from 4:30 and 7:30 pm.
4. GRAND PRIZES—1 winner will be drawn on the evening of April 2nd. Grand Prize consists of 2 round trip certificates on Ravn Alaska between Kodiak and Anchorage to be used by October 2018, along with 2 certificates for 1 nights stay at the Dimond Center Hotel in Anchorage and $250. Other prizes are donated by participating businesses and sponsors Everyone is eligible to win except employees of Kodiak Island Broadcasting Co. Inc., and their immediate families, and Sponsor Owners and Managers for Part #2, for Part #1 only KIB employees and immediate families and owners/management of Henry’s Great Alaskan Restaurant.
5. Registered contestants must have a valid phone number. And be within contact the week of the drawing. As the winner, you will be required to sign a KIB release form before your prize will be awarded. Winner’s Social Security number will be required to claim prizes valued at $600 and over.
6. All entrant participation in this contest is voluntary and acknowledges that Kodiak Island Broadcasting Co. Inc. and other participating sponsors are not responsible for any subsequent events directly or indirectly associated with winning prizes.
7. Winners must consent to the use of their names and image without compensation for advertising purposes. Certain rules and restrictions apply. Winner is responsible for applicable taxes.
8. Non-Compliance with rules by winner(s) may result in the forfeiture of prize(s). Kodiak Island broadcasting remains the final decision-maker in all matters relating to contesting in order insures fairness for all parties involved!
9. KIB reserves the right to revise these rules at any time